Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Gift from Troy

I have a friend named Troy who is a regular blogger.  We met when our boys were in the same Cub Scout troop many years ago and have managed to stay in touch.  Today Troy had a post that I decided I wanted to try.  So thanks Troy!  She was asked to name 20 things that she loves about herself.  Considering I just asked Bud to give me some adjectives for my dating profile, this fits amazingly well with my problem.  I can't describe myself.  Do a great job of it with others, but come up with a very stilted and nearly blank list of words for myself.  And I am NEVER at a loss for words as both Troy and Bud can tell you!

So here goes...20 things I love about myself...in no particular order (that is a task all of its own).

1.  I love that I am a mom to two wonderful, nearly grown children.

2.  I love that I had the guts to go back to school and get my teaching certificate and my Masters Degree.

3.  I love that I had the guts to cut up my credit cards and to pay for everything in cash...even though some months I swear I am working on an ulcer to do so.

4.  I love the fact that I am a voracious reader and that I seem to have picked up my reading traits from both my parents.

5.  I love that I have a secret vice...playing Farmville and Zoo World on the internet...both have become addictive.  Not so secret anymore!

6.  I love that I have a big heart for animals.  I got this from my dad.  And though sometimes it is hard, the good times far outweigh the hard times.

7.  I love that I haven't let my hearing loss keep me from doing anything I've wanted.  Sometimes it makes things difficult and harder to obtain, but it has never stopped me.

8.  I love the fact that I have taken the time to reflect, own up to and understand as best I can what happened to my marriage.  I am not afraid to look inward.

9.  I love the fact that I am learning to be less hard on myself.  I am my own worst enemy - if you've thought it about me, don't worry, I've beat you to it.

10.  I love the fact that I love to travel, even though I don't get to do too much of it right now. I have a bucket list of places to visit.

11.  I love the fact that I have learned to leash the crockogator and only let her out when needed...well, most of the time!

12.  I love the fact that I love to write...even if I never get the great American novel written.

13. I love the fact that different people perceive me in different ways.  I am much more than I seem to anyone.  In fact, I don't think anyone has seen ALL of me...only those portions I want to share.

14. I love the fact that I love to learn.  I'd be a permanent student if I could - that second Masters in Bio-Ethics is looking really good right now.

15.  I love the fact that I can multi-task and keep lists in my head of things that are important.

16. I love the fact that I can let minor, seemingly unimportant things excite me...it is good not to have lost some of that child-like wonder.

17. I love the fact that I am in a good family and that I like my family.  Not everyone can say that.

18. I love the fact that I am very much a creature of habit and that I don't mind being alone - in fact I love the fact that I enjoy a quiet day by myself.

19. I love the fact that I am open minded and that I don't try to push my beliefs on others.  In fact, I suspect that most people couldn't tell me what my beliefs are...and that is the way I like it.

20. I love the fact that I analyzed what I just wrote and find it interesting that I've not mentioned anything about physical traits.  Ooops!

Ok, Troy.  This was much harder to write than I thought it would be...I don't like describing myself.  Maybe that is why I am having problems coming up with a description for my dating profile.  Thoughts to ponder....

No comments:

Post a Comment